Dumbo is a 2019 American fantasy adventure film directed by Tim Burton, with a screenplay written by Ehren Kruger. It is based upon a storyline written by Helen Aberson and is largely inspired by Walt Disney's 1941 animated film of the same name. The film stars Colin Farrell, Eva Green, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito and Alan Arkin. The film will be released on March 29, 2019. It has music by Danny Elfman.
Holt, a former circus star, finds his life turned upside down when he returns from the war. Circus owner Max Medici enlists him to care for a newborn elephant whose oversized ears make him a laughingstock in an already struggling circus. But when Holt's children discover that Dumbo can fly, persuasive entrepreneur V. A. Vandemere and aerial artist Colette Marchant swoop in to make the peculiar pachyderm a star.
- Colin Farrell as Holt Farrier, a war veteran and former circus star from Kentucky who finds his life turned upside down when he returns from the war. He is hired by Medici to care for the newborn elephant, whom his two children befriend. The dueteragonist
- Eva Green as Colette Marchant, a French trapeze artist who performs at the circus. The tritagonist
- Alan Arkin as J. Griffin Remington, a Wall Street tycoon. The tetartagonist
- Michael Keaton as V. A. Vandemere, a ruthless and enigmatic entrepreneur who acquires a circus to exploit the title elephant. The hidden main antagonist
- Danny DeVito as Max Medici, the circus owner who runs a small circus that gets acquired by Vandemere. The secondary antagonist
- Nico Parker as Holt's daughter
- Finley Hobbins as Holt's son
- DeObia Oparei as Rongo
- Joseph Gatt as Neils Skellig
- Holt Farrier, Holt’s children, Colette Marchant and entrepreneur V.A. Vandevere may be doing the roles of Timothy Mouse.